Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grocery Bag Holder

I've had my hands full with a few somewhat complicated projects recently and I was in need of a break and a quick sew.  As I ran down the mental list of simple projects I could tackle, I decided to finally make a plastic bag holder!  This is one of those little things that I've always wanted and just never took the time to make.  Our grocery bags have been stashed in a sad looking and rather old plastic bag that is tied around the closet rod in our front closet.  It's not like anyone sees it, but it's a bit disorganized and just looks ugly.  But now...


Much better!  I grabbed a fat quarter and Jess' super simple tutorial and got to work.  Seriously, about 15 minutes later, I was done.


I did make one modification to the holder because ours doesn't hang on a hook, but over a closet rod.  I took a strip of canvas and folded and ironed it as if I were making bias tape.  Then I sewed one end to the top of the bag at the seam.  Directly opposite from that, I added a snap to the top of the bag and the other half of the snap in on the canvas handle.


Now it hangs neatly over the closet rod and our bags are organized and much better looking...in case anyone cares to look!  There's nothing like a quickly completed project to perk up a gloomy winter afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!